The Living Daylights

Wow! When going somewhere that has a reputation for being beautiful there is the worry, often realised, that it ends up being a bit disappointing.....not Lofoten!  I would have given just about anything to be on a bike today. I'm going to have to give the Thesaurus a good workout for alternatives to 'stunning'.

Slartybartfast* earned that award!

*this is a reference so nerdy that anyone who gets it should be ashamed of themselves.

I am writing this in Nusfjord....a fishing village so pretty that they charge you 1NB to enter it. When it is gorgeous everywhere you look, charging ten quid to see some more is a ballsy ask!

My wards have done their first 40 miles and have now boarded a chartered fishing boat for a 50 minute journey to circumvent a long, unpleasant undersea tunnel.  On the far side they are offered a short run to the hotel or an extra 12 miles to visit once of Lonely Planet's best European beaches.  Ordinarily I would say most would flinch at an unnecessary 12 miles but today I reckon many will be up for it.

I am seriously thinking about returning here with my bike and I will start saving for the beer fund now.  

And finally, the link to the song.

According to Google the sun 'sets' at about 11pm round here.  All I can say is that the following picture was taken at 10:30pm and I could have comfortably read the newspaper. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll/Mr Tamborine Man/I Write The Songs

If I Could Turn Back Time

Julia's Song