Take On Me

OK, I give up.  I can think of no way of connecting this song to the blog content but, with so few 'hits' left to choose from, I just had to use it anyway.

Sitrep: weather fantastic, scenery off the scale...yawn.

Today we are riding from Svolvaer to Stokmarknes.....brief pause while you all move the little pins on the map stuck on your fridges.  This involved 60 miles, of which approximately 110% were achingly beautiful.  We even had a boat ride (an essential ingredient for a perfect day on a bike).  The hardiest souls then went kayaking while I checked that my beer supplies hadn't gone off.

Big Red Barn

I imagine that Norwegian paint shops are divided roughly in half with one half selling a colour which I believe they call Barn Red and the other half selling all the other colours.  Consider the savings in time and marital strife when the discussion about what  colour to repaint the house is replaced by just agreeing how many cans of Barn Red will be required.

Are Friends Electric

In Norway they no longer need to set fire to dead trees to make electricity.  Thanks to the resulting low price of electricity and some generous tax breaks they buy a lot of electric cars.....currently 82% of all new cars sold are scalextric now.  Naturally, being Norway, there are plenty of charging points in every car park, service station and hotel and people just drive around without having to plan their journey like it is the Normandy landings.  At today's hotel I struggled to find a parking bay that didn't have a charger

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll/Mr Tamborine Man/I Write The Songs

If I Could Turn Back Time

Julia's Song