Sound of Da Police





Forgive me father, it is 2 days since my my last  confession.  

We are fast establishing a routine whereby it is 10pm when bad shit happens.  No fires on Friday night but, instead, a call to say that one of our group had been arrested after clipping a car while trying to cycle back to the motel pissed.

I have carefully checked my job description and freeing drunk dickheads from jail definitely isn't mentioned.  I don't even think it reasonably falls into 'and any other duties as may be required'.  Never-the-less we headed down to the police station, signed a form taking responsibility for his behaviour and got him released.   

On Saturday morning he was up late with a sore head and a sheepish expression.

Each day we try and guess what the worst problem will be but I think we lack the necessary ambition to get even close.

Saturday was the start of the long Labor Day weekend and we were cycling through the Oregon Dunes Recreational Area.  The whole of Merica was on the road turning fossil fuels into noise.  There is something so wonderfully, patriotically, Merican about a 40ft RV towing a V8 pick-up truck with two dune buggies on the flat-bed that it brought tears to my eyes.....or maybe is was the diesel fumes.

Last night, inexplicably, we had no interactions with the emergency services.  Today we are heading to Gold Beach where we have a rest day and an appointment with a ribeye.  Our hotel apparently offers a 'light show spectacular'......hopefully something less burny than the light show spectacular we had on night 1!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A