I'm Always Drunk In San Francisco/50 Ways To Leave Your Lover




Yesterday was a funny sort of day.  All but 2 of our customers rode into SF the previous night so they could have a full rest day in the city.  In the morning we just had to chaperone the dregs into town and we were 'off-duty' by about 1pm.  I sold a kidney and purchased secure overnight parking for the van (80 bucks since you ask) then retired to our cell (it is SF...what do you expect for £250/night?) while Dom went off to play tourist.  I spent a couple of hours exploring all the room amenities: bar of soap, cup,  coat hanger; then thought 'sod it' and cracked a cold one.  

More cold ones followed, then I remembered we had a hot date.  A past customer, who both Dom and I have separately met on past trips, lives in San Fran and we had arranged to meet him for beers at 17:30.  Stephen Honda follows this blog so thanks for the beer and the conversation Stephen!

Today they all rode out of San Francisco.....or rather 14 did and 2 announced they were done and were heading home.  We wished them well while secretly imagining all the possibilities that a few cubic feet of free space in the van crested.

What should have been a straightforward day was complicated by a tandem with a persistent puncture.  I think they got through 5 tubes before replacing the rim tape solved the problem, but that all took a while.  It was then a race to get to the hotel before any punters.....a race I won by 5 minutes.  Tonight we are split across 2 locations and, thanks to the departing couple, there is a spare room.  So, Dom and I have separate bedrooms in separate towns.  I am enjoying the privacy but Dom keeps messaging me and I think he misses me.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A