An American Trilogy





Call Me

Mericans have silly names, often assembled from non-name words.  Take the manager of our hotel who calls himself Houston Hatfield.  Clearly NOT a name.  Imagine calling yourself Birmingham Chipping Norton....you would, deservedly, be bullied at school.

And as for Otis Spunkmeyer.....

Fast Car

Our day to Gold Beach passed with only one minor brush with the emergency services.   I got a garbled message from one of the group and set off to see what the problem was but, in doing so, managed to attract the attention of a local squad car who wanted me to explain my hurry.  It is a pity he didn't say 'where's the fire?' because I could have replied 'room 112 Shelton Inn..but don't worry, its out now'.  I was polite and respectful and he told me to sod off, only more slowly.

Californication

I particularly like it when the song connects to the blog in multiple ways:

1/ after our rest day today we are heading into California

2/ last night we had Mexican with Jalapeño peppers that caused tears on their way in and again on their way out

Comments

  1. Happy travels, old friend. Can wait to read of your travels and travails down the PCH.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A