Burn Baby Burn




The following is obviously true because, frankly, you couldn't make it up:

Last night we dined in our room with a couple of glasses of Safeway's finest vino tinto before snuggling down for the night.

30 minutes later we were fast asleep when there was a knock on the door.  'Yes, what is it?' I shouted (while thinking 'fu#%ing customers, why won't they leave us alone?').

'Err....my room is on fire' came the reply.  And it was.  An electrical short in the bathroom fan had set the fan unit and surrounding ceiling nicely ablaze.  While I set about tackling the fire Dom called 911.  With a combination of wet towels and rubbish bins full of water I extinguished the fire but within 3 minutes of the call we have two fire appliances and 3 police cars on the motel forecourt.

The fire department checked everything was properly out while we tried calling the motel owner but, eventually, we gave up and bussed the occupant to a nearby motel and went back to bed.

This means that in my tour leading career I have had  cause to call on all the key emergency services ......including the AA.  I need to think how I can rope in the RNLI and mountain rescue.

Today is my van day while Dom gets to ride out to Westport.  I have tidied the cab, purchased a slab of IPA's and am now sat at the roadside waiting for them all to come past before heading to the motel to see how many rooms they have for us and to establish their combustability.

Comments

  1. Crikey, it’s all go already! Were you planning the song title blog headline as you efficiently put out the blaze?😃

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A