Now That's What I Call Music

There's A Guy Works Down the Chipshop

By 7 o'clock yesterday evening we were starving.  We had eaten all our peanuts plus the raisins* from the window sill and still couldn't face another hour before dinner.  So, we consulted a lawyer and found a loophole in the 'no tea before 8pm' laws.  It seems that takeaway places can sell you tea at 7pm so long as you swear on the bible not to eat it for an hour. 

So we grabbed the Gideon bible from the drawer and hastened down to the place on the corner and got a magnificent helping of chicken and chips.  Then we did a REALLY clever thing......we didn't wait an hour before eating it!

*I think we both knew they were dead flies but we were REALLY hungry.

Olive (r's) Army

I read yesterday that there are shortages of fruit and veg in the UK because of bad weather in Spain and that doesn't surprise me.  They grow a lot of stuff here.  I'm sure there must be a couple of breweries and a Seat factory somewhere but the country is mostly just a big farm.  If Ukraine is (was?) Europe's bread basket then this bit of Spain must be its olive jar.  We did 76 miles today, mostly through olive groves.

Feel So Lonely

I know that nobody is much interested in the actual cycling aspect of this trip but we are a third of the way and I suppose I should say something about it. We decided today that, so far, this trip has had the quietest roads we have ever ridden. Miles and miles pass without a single vehicle, sometimes even on relatively major highways. Our last 16 miles into Caceres was on a main 'N' road yet, for most of the distance, we had it completely to ourselves.  Along the way the scenery is 'pretty' (not stunning but very easy on the eye) and there are enough hills to keep it interesting without being a ball-breaker.

I Think I Smell a Rat

We have all done it.  Sitting alone in a room, not expecting anyone to enter, and letting rip.  We arrived at our hotel in the immediate aftermath of such an event judging by the smell.  The girl on reception toughed it out....she met my eyes with a steely look that said 'don't you dare mention the smell'...so I didn't.  In every other respect the hotel is fine but I think the drains might need some attention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A