A Long December

 

It WAS a long December, not helped by a week of covid confinement and sub-zero temperatures.  January always drags so there was no relief there.  It is now mid-February, it is still cold and I have had enough…..I'm going somewhere where the sun might shine. I'm taking Plum with me because….err….umm….actually I have no idea why but I always take him with me.  I'm thinking we should get a joint passport. 

 

For various reasons we still aren't ready to return to long-haul BIG adventures but last February's little jaunt to Spain worked out quite well so we thought we might do something similar.  This time we are doing a 'coast to coats' across the Iberian Peninsula, starting in Lisbon and finishing in Valencia.  You will see from the map that we are taking a rather convoluted route and there are two reasons for this:

 

1/  For cycling gods like us Lisbon to Valencia isn't really far enough to fill two weeks

2/  The lazy dagos haven't bothered to build enough towns/hotels on the direct route

 

We are leaving on Saturday and will start riding straight from Lisbon airport.  So, sit tight and get ready for the usual cocktail of casual xenophobia and complaints about breakfast!

 

PS. Counting Crows, but you are on your own from here.

Comments

  1. Good to see you are both out and about being active!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Something Better Change