Tell Lora I Love Her


I know I promised to try and stop using plays on words for the songs but it is easy and I am tired.  We are staying at the Falls or Lora Hotel in Connel.

Our host, Harry, claimed last night that he had built the B&B in one day.  Quite apart from the obvious improbability of this claim, it does not suggest the sort of build quality that I think £90 per night entitles one to.  In every other respect he was a gracious host and if he wants to talk bollocks about how long it took to build the place who am I to complain?  He even made us up a little complimentary packed lunch this morning.

The weather today was very Scottish.  We had many of the thousand different types of rain that make up the weather palette in Scotland and we alternated  between wet and completely soaked for all 72 of our miles.  Rest and be Thankful was open (we had the old military road to ourselves) and Inverary had forgotten to close one of its cafes so we managed to get some lunch.  

It is now 4pm and our room is festooned with dripping clothes and already smells like a badger's arse.

What's that?  You want to know about the picture?  Well......it turns out that Plum has converted to Islam during Lockdown and now has to get up at dawn to perform his devotions.  I'm not sure he has a clue where Mecca is and I'm pretty sure that Allah would prefer that he put some trousers on but that's Plum for you.

Tomorrow we are heading up to Fort William then along the Great Glen to Nessie Town.  If there isn't a corny play on words to cover that I'll eat my hat.

Comments

  1. Shame your a mth too early as I will be u there myself in Oct. Keep stretching that back Neil.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A