Fun Fun Fun


Today was a Type 3 Fun day.....I'll explain in a moment.

Rob Tanti won the sensational prize.  It was the song used in the ad where the hunky guy strips off his Levi 501s in the laundrette and sits in his underpants while they wash. Not quite me rinsing beer out of my clothes but close enough.

You have probably often wondered which would make the most satisfying post-cycling meal: a lamb shank, a family sized LIDL lasagne or a family sized Tesco lasagne.  At great personal expense we have done this important research for you and the answer is.......drum roll......ALL OF THEM TOGETHER   I'm not sure that even 60 miles into a huge headwind justified so many calories but we had seen today's weather forecast and needed cheering up.  

So....types of fun.  A friend recently emailed me and mentioned  that he thought my trips were mostly Type 2 Fun.  He provided a link which explained the 3 types of fun:

1- plain old fun
2- fun but usually only in retrospect, perhaps after a couple of beers in the evening
3 - not fun

The headwind was, again, 40mph+ but more exposed and with more hills and more miles. I blubbed.  The scenery in this part of the world is stunning.  I can report this from having done it in a car two years ago; today I just watched the tears drip off my chin onto the satnav 😭.  Neil was also pretty unhappy but, having cheated by training, was in much better shape than me.  He can probably tell you about the scenery having spent several hours looking at it while waiting for me at the tops of climbs.

Today was one of the 3 hardest ever for me but easily the least fun I have ever had on a bike.  I have persuaded Neil to renounce Islam and we are going to drink beer untill it leaks out of our ears.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A