Castles In The Air

I don't mind Neil getting up early for his prayers but as we pass people on the road he now yells "Allahu Akbar" which attracts the wrong sort of attention.  I may have to have word with him!

My training for this trip has been sub-optimal (yes, that's right, I didn't do any) and this probably accounts for me being completely knackered last night.  Yesterday was my first full day in the saddle since February and, inexplicably, laying around in the garden  throught lockdown doesn't seem to have kept my legs as toned as I was hoping.

Despite all this the legs reported for duty this morning with only a slight grumble and we stayed more or less dry all day; weather so remarkable in Scotland that it will probably make the evening news. 

Between Connel Bridge and Onich there is a splendid 32 mile bike path which we made full use of, but then we were dumped onto the busy road for the last 8 miles into Fort Williams.  A quick lunch and then another  34 miles up the Great Glen and we are in Fort Augustus, a ghastly tourist honey pot.  Our B&B, which I thought might be a bit pants, is splendid and has a kitchen we can use.  I have procured large quantities of poor quality frozen food which we will incinerate in the microwave, washed down with what promises to be an acceptable merlot.

Ps.  The castle in the photo is Castle Stalker, whether you realise it or not you will have seen it before as it gets used in just about every movie ever made that requires an old atmospheric castle in the background.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A