Through The Rain



It pissed down today and if one more Kiwi tells me it is good for the farmers I'm going to ram my pump up their backside.  

To be more accurate it rained for much of the today with enough really heavy bits to ensure we never dried out.  It was a long day (83 miles) but relatively easy despite the rain.  Even two belts of chunky hills at the very end couldn't knock us off form and we were done and 'recovering'* by 4pm

We are staying in Tuakau where, because it is the only place in town, the hotel can charge what it likes, making this our most expensive stop.  We are extracting full value from our stay as you can see in the picture.  Later I will darn some socks using the amenity kit.  I was wondering what I could use the hair conditioner for but I have a cunning plan.......

All that is left for us to do is tomorrow's 'procession' into Auckland, just 33 mostly flat miles.  Our plan is to arrive by noon as we have an appointment with some friends who live on Auckland.  They have procured a couple of bike boxes for us which will save the usual chore of locating a bike shop, scrounging some boxes and lugging them back to our hotel.

*as the trip is almost over I'll let you into a little secret......every time I have written about recovery drink I really meant beer.  Snigger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Rage Hard

Something Better Change