Money's Too Tight To Mention





Dear Children, I'm afraid I have spent your inheritance.  Sorry.  It seems that last night I blew the lot on vintage champagne and snorting cocaine from the thighs of hookers.  

I have no recollection of any of this but it is the only possible explanation for the bill presented to us by the New Plymouth microbrewery.  What I THOUGHT I did last night was have two very modest glasses of craft beer but that can't possibly account for the bill.  

In many ways the trend for city centre microbreweries is to be applauded but they now seem to be going all hipster and getting a bit poncey.  Employing large numbers of girls to wear silly 'artisan 'woodwork aprons and skulk around chatting amongst themsleves certainly doesn't help keep the overheads low.

As you may have guessed.......I wasn't all that impressed.  Having squandered the kids inheritance I then blew the funeral money on a take away pizza and slunk back to our motel to rummage through the bins for something for breakfast.

Our ride today was a bit like Kylie Minogue.....short but gorgeous.  It started on a splendid cycle path for the first few miles out of town then became Highway 3.  This was a bit grotty at first but the traffic soon eased and we found ourselves heading up a really lovely valley before returning to the coast past pretty little bays.

We are staying in Mokau, a tiny coastal community without so much as a shop.  Sadly I must end today's ramblings with another moan.  If you are going to run a motel in the absolute middle of nowhere, and if you then intend to issue advise to cyclists about where they can pick up a cold pack of beers, then it is quite important to understand the critical difference between that place being 3 miles north rather than south of where you are located!!!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Rage Hard

Drinking in L.A