I Made It Through The Rain

It rained heavily throughout last night and is still hurling it down.   The TV news reports are saying that conditions are now very severe but also that 'the worst is yet to come'.  One cheerful reporter was saying that some areas could get TWO metres more rain over the weekend.  I am up for a bit of an adventure but bollocks to that!

More in hope than expectation we called the little regional airport and, bugger me, it was open and there was a flight leaving for Brisbane in the afternoon.  So, we fled.  As we were entering airport, the arrivals section was awash with incoming emergency response and tv crews, collecting their gear ready to join the fray. 

We are now safely in Brisbane and sorting out how to salvage something of the trip.  This is further complicated by the fact that my father passed away a few days ago and I must return to the UK two days early to attend the funeral.  So, our plan is to ride 5 days up the coast from Brisbane, then turn round and ride 5 days back.  I will then fly home while Neil has a couple of days of local riding in Brisbane.  Not exactly what we set out to do but still probably better than shovelling snow in Blighty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A