When The Wild Wind Blows


This is my second time cycling across Kansas and I can now confirm that the ONLY thing that matters in Kansas is the wind direction.  Wind strength is a given.....it always blows here......but the direction makes the difference between heaven and hell.  Today we had 50 miles of hell and 24 of heaven. 

By Kansas standards it was a lumpy day with 1000 feet of climb, but by every other standard it was another flat day thrashing away into a headwind that varied between annoying and bloody horrid. 

After leaving Newton I think it is fairy to say that significantly more than half the buildings we passed were churches.  Sodding great big churches in the middle of nowhere.  I have no idea whether anyone attends to worship buy if they do they have a fair old drive and plenty of choice once they get there.  The most popular flavour of Christianity here seems to be Mennonite......I must confess that I thought that was the stuff that Superman was afraid of.....or possibly some sort of laminate used for worktops.

It wasn't a photograph sort of day so here is a picture of me in a fetching coonskin hat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Rage Hard

Drinking in L.A