The Air That I Breathe/Oxygen (double A Side)


My riding companions are all cheats.  They have trained for this (the very worst sort of  cheating) and tuned their bodies to remove all traces of surplus fat.  I, on the other hand, have prepared 'old school' with an occasional Sunday ride and a beer and meat pie diet.  These differences in preparation are particularly noticeable on the big climbs.  Today was the biggest climb yet at 18 miles so desperate measures were called for.

We were due to top out at over 9500 feet and I spotted an opportunity.  The air is pretty thin at these altitudes and shortage of breath starts to become a serious consideraration.  So I have invented a beathing apparatus which you can see me modelling above.  As soon as I start breathing more heavily I pop the oxygen cylinders up my nose and I get an immediate performance boost.  This is no more cheating than all that exercise and dieting that the others have done.

We may have left the splendour of the national parks but God appears not to have got the memo and the scenery remains spectacular..... but without all those pesky RVs.






We have done 63 miles up and over Togwotee Pass and are now idling beside the pool waiting for a suitable time to warm up some more dead cow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A