Reasons To Be Cheerful


One

Today is over.  It was a tough day, starting with a 20 mile slog into a huge headwind, before we eventually turned east.  The remaining 84 were still tough with temperatures that nudged 40 degrees and loooong flat roads.

Two

The day required a detour round some roadworks and a bit of creative navigation.  We managed this with no ill effects but the 'fast' group ended up doing quite a few bonus miles on dirt roads.  Snigger.

Three

After a 2 week battle with Hertz I finally made myself such a nuisance that the Executive Assitant to the CEO called me and agreed to pay me $150 compensation for leaving me at the curbside with no rental car.  Those that know me well will know that Hertz never stood a chance once I got the bit between my teeth.

Bonus Track: Gasoline Alley


It seems that every farmer in Kansas has a nice little sideline pumping oil.  Almost every field has a nodding donkey and a storage tank.  I can't help wondering about the environmental impact of this, especially since several times today we rode with the smell of crude oil in the air.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A