Now That's What I Call Music V


Yes, I know I haven't blogged for some time! I have even received a sarcastic email asking whether I have fallen off and broken my fingers!!

There are many reasons.....including a lack of time and a lack of inclination  Mostly the 2nd one if I am honest.  Many of my choicest anecdotes would require the mention of customers and for ethical reasons this is not possible......what is left is a bit dry and I have been suffering from writer's block.

So, several days to bring you up to date:

Castles In The Air



After leaving Fairplay we were looking forward  to a final plunge out of the mountains and there were certainly some qood long downhill sections... but there were also an annoying number of short ups.  The day was suprisingly hard work.  Our destination was Canon City....if any of you have watched The Man In The High Castle it is the city that the heroine is heading to in the first episode.  Time for a rest day.

Anything by the Bee Gees

Canon City is a bit of a shithole; sprawling and with a deserted main street but near our hotel we found a nice sports bar with good food and a barman whose underpants were waaay too tight.  He was a fairly rugged looking guy who spoke in a falsetto voice that had us all smirking.  The place was so good we went back for breakfast on the rest day....and again for happy hour.  So passed another rest day.


Oh yes, I also performed very successful surgery on a huge blind spot on my arse using nothing but a needle and a cycle mirror.  Hope you aren't reading this over supper!

Theme From High Plains Drifter




From Cannon City we have made a start across the great plains of eastern Colorado and Kansas.  Flat doesn't begin to describe it.  We have done a big 106 miler and several 'standard' days, passing into Kansas (and the Central time zone).  We are now in Dodge City....a place that evokes tremendous images of a bygone era.......unless you cycle in on Highway 50 with a big headwind, in which case it just pisses you off.  We are going downtown later to see the Boot Hill museum...a must do experience that is sure to disappoint.

Fat Bottomed Girls

...and boys for that matter.  Not ALL Mericans are fat.....but a lot are!  Let me offer two possible explanations:

1/  Here is a picture of a burger I had.  It contained 1lb of meat and enough fries to feed a family of 4.  On the same menu was a THREE POUND  burger with TWO POUNDS of fries.


2/  Here is a picture of a bucket of soda.  It was not the largest cup available!  For scale I have included a snickers type bar.  It cost 79 cents.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A