Now That's What I Call Music Volume II



I Drove All Night

Apologies to those who set their alarms early to read the next thrilling and hilarious instalmemt of our adventure but we have been a bit busy while you have been sleeping.

I would like my headstone to include the inscription 'Here lies Steve; he once rode 129.6 miles with panniers'.  The stonemason can get started now because I have no intention of ever improving on today!

We had another tailwind but this time is was little more than a gentle breeze so there was plenty of peddling to do, and the sun put on it's very largest hat.  We got up to 37.6  degrees Centigrade (chuffing hot for those of you more familiar with Fahrenheit)

I'm not going to beat about the bush....I am drinking cold beer.

Straight Down The Middle

Over the last few days I have seen multiple signs appearing to indicate golf courses.  'Surely not' I thought,  'there aren't enough people for one course never mind several.  And anyway......it's the f@$€ing Nullarbor.'

Last night we solved the mystery.  There IS a golf course, just one, and the signs have been for the holes.  To play the course you have to traverse the Nullarbor, driving up to 200km between one green and the next tee.   Last night we saw some guys playing the Mundrabilla hole.

Joey's On The Street Again

I am rather pleased with this song!  By the way,  if you did not grow up with British music in the 70's and early 80's you might be struggling to recognise the songs on this blog.  That isn't an apology, just a statement of fact.

After pretty thin pickings for the roadkill zoo, today it all went a bit mad with squashed 'roos.   I didn't count them but we probably saw considerably more than five hundred.  Seldom did we go more than 100 yds without seeing one.  I have selected a skull to adorn my bar bag.

Freight Train

I had been a bit concerned before the trip about the road trains but I needn't have worried.  The drivers are almost universally considerate (apart from the arseholes who buzzed me with horn blaring today) and it is strangely comforting to know that every 15 minutes or so we will be passed by a vehicle big enough to carry two loaded bikes and two knackered cyclists.  Many of the loads seem destined for the mines and we see many interesting bits of kit but some are ominously labelled 'EXPLOSIVES'.  We give them a wide berth.

Everybody Hurts

Neil has a sore shoulder and I have a problem that my wife forbids me to tell you about.  I hope it won't be giving the game away if I tell you that I have slathered my arse in Savlon (a grisley business) and things are improving.

Neil's shoulder?  No idea...haven't asked him







Comments

  1. Good work chaps, do you have a 90 mile warm down for tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. May your ailments clear up and I love the skull decor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A