Golf Is Such An Easy Game




With virtually an entire day to kill in Caiguna there was a lot of lazing around.  Prices in the roadhouses are so eye-watering that hitting the bar early would be fiscal suicide, so we sipped our lemonade and generally wasted time.

Neil asked me if I fancied playing around, which caused some consternation until realised he meant 'play a round'.  He was determined to play the local golf hole and assured me that he had some experience as a golfist and had once had his own rods and everything.

Well.....to put it diplomatically, this turned out to be complete  bollocks.  I insisted he scored properly, so air shots and moving the ball out of bushes were all counted and be ended up with 15 on a par 4.  Neil will argue that he had been given a left-handed putter but, since it took 13 to reach the green, this is a pretty weak defence.

Eventually, at 5pm, we cracked.  Neil sold his body behind the generator shed and I put my remaining kidney on e-bay.  Neil returned with $15.50 and I asked him who had paid only 50 cents.  'All of them' was his reply.

So we hit the bar and purchased a small beer and two straws.

We have had a mix of very short and very long days so far and today it was back to long....113 miles. This was the last big day for a while as we do not have a day of more than 65 miles for over a week.  Bloody good job too. 

We exploited the fact that we are now on Western Australian time and it is light by 5:30 to get an early start on Australia's (and possibly the world's) longest straight road.  90 miles without a single bend.  Marueen's prayers have been exhausted and we picked up a strong headwind for much of the day.  Eventually the wind changed a little and things improved but it was a hard day.

We think we haven't negotiated a road junction for a week now!

We are staying in Balladonia; just another roadhouse but this one boasts a piece of Skylab and I was keen to see it.  I was expecting a shoe-box size bit of mangled metal but it was considerably bigger than a shed door and identifiably from a spacecraft.  I was impressed.  The young lady in the photo is Suzie who we are letting use the spare bed in our room tonight.  She seems like a nice girl    apart from a tendancy to take all her clothes off.

Only kidding, I got the picture from Google to save walking back to take my own.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A