Tunnel of Love

The idea of starting and ending our trip at my front door appeals and so the first part of our ride is down to Dover.
During many months of planning the intention was to start on Monday morning and use the Tilbury pedestrian ferry to get us across the Thames. Then I realised that Monday is a bank holiday and the ferry doesn't run. The alternative route via the Grenwich pedestrian tunnel is a good deal further and necessitates a Sunday afternoon start.
So, after a nourishing Sunday lunch and a game of croquet (Pretentious? Moi?) we donned our lycra skimpies and set off. With full camping kit the bikes are a tad heavy and the first hill was a bit of a shock but we were soon in the groove.
The Grenwich tunnel is a great way to cross the river and on the far side there is an excellent cycle path following the Thames out towards the sea. We are overnighting in the Dartford Travelodge and tomorrow it is bicycles at dawn for the ride down to Dover and a ferry to Cheeseland.
PS
My children, who have minds like sewers, have pointed out a possible misinterpretation of my comment about 'right arm exercise' in my previous entry. I would like to make it clear that I was referring to DRINKING!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A