My Aim Is True


Yes, it is an album title but we have been through this before.....my blog, my rules!

You will probably laugh at me (so nothing new there) but I use a little spreadsheet to track progress against my target of 12,000 mile in 2017.  The green line is a simple linear target based on 231 miles per week, while the red line reflects the likely riding conditions and any known plans that will impact on miles (for better or for worse).

Because I am magnificent I am finishing the first 3 months bang on the green line and a splendid 600 miles ahead of the red line.  Better still, I have met or exceeded my weekly red line target every single week. 

Next week will be 'nil points' as I have a week of R&R in Majorca (sans velo) but then I have a jolly 1100 mile ride from Paris to Prague and on to Berlin - a research trip for Bike Adventures -so I will be comfortably ahead of even the green line by the end of April.  May and June also involve longish trips so I have high hopes of being 1000 miles ahead of schedule by the end of the 2nd quarter.

Meanwhile in Florida a girl called Amanda Coker is well on track to smash the Highest Annual Mileage Record.  She beat the women's record months ago and is likely to finish on something close to 85,000 miles.  And closer to home,  Steve Abraham has started another attempt on the record  having abandoned his 2015 attempt.  As a warm up he beat the one month record with 7104 miles.  Nutters.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A