Elected

Well, I have left the  Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Not only was the underwear hot it is quite difficult to keep clean in a hotel sink, but the final straw was the alcohol thing which, it turns out, is non-negotiable.  I checked all the small print and apparently even beer is counted as alcohol so it clearly wasn't a viable religion for me.
I have decided not to join any of the others either as they all seem to have petty rules about loving ones brother or not coveting ones neighbours' arse.   Instead I have formed the Shimano Church of Later in the Day Drinkers.  I am busily writing some commandments and am fund-raising to buy the O2 Arena as a temporary church until we can afford a proper big one.
I have been in Merica for a week now and it is finally time to acknowledge the elephant in the room.  The news here is filled with reports of Donald's latest shinnanagins, though the reporting seems surprisingly none-judgemental; presumably they don't want to be added to his little 'media' shit-list.  I notice that the state of Florida was pro-Trump by a slender majority but I suspect this was only because of an influx of more liberal Mericans to the coastal communities.  The interior of Florida is as red-neck as anywhere I have been.  7 out of every 3 vehicles are Ford F150's and the national sport seems to be dumping Budweiser memorabilia in the ditches beside the road.  If the key to making Merica great again is cruising down the back roads chucking empty Bud bottles out of the windows of a pick-up truck then Florida and Donald are made for each other.
Last night we made Mr Chan cry and this morning we inflicted nearly as much unhappiness on the Quality Inn Corporation who offer a free breakfast.  We have done a pathetic 67 miles with a sodding great tailwind, sneaking past the home of Mickey Mouse, and we are in Davenport rehydrating .  2 more days to Ft Myers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A