Crockett's Theme

2017 marks another new phase in my life.  Although still loosely connected with Bike Adventures, I have dramatically cut back on my commitments, leaving me with time to waste.  There is a rumour that several rooms need decorating but I have checked and they all look fine so I can find other ways to spend my time!  I have many plans for filling the year, some loose and some firm, but I have set myself an over-arching goal of cycling 12,000 miles - a nice round 1,000 per month.  My previous best, in 2015, was 10,000 so it is a meaningful raising of the bar, and I don't have a nice 'big mileage' trip to fill February as I did then.

Things got off to a slow start but I am now averaging about 200 miles per week and starting to feel stronger and, having lost 9kg, lighter.  The Iron Maiden (turbo trainer) is set up and used when it is too inclement for proper miles and I have invested in new waterproofs so rain is no longer an excuse.  The big miles will have to wait for better weather but I am off to Florida in 3 weeks for some cycling in the sunshine.  Neil and I are riding the 'Florida Loop', an 800 mile circuit starting and ending in Miami.  The grand finale is the fast ferry to Key West and a ride up through the Keys.  I will make good and sure to have some Ernest Hemingway on the Kindle.

It is some time since I have ridden much in the U S of A and I am looking forward to renewing my acquaintance with Little​ Debbie fruit pies and Lagunitas IPA.  I am less keen of spending time in a country run by the biggest twat in the known universe but hopefully I will not be mistaken for a Mexican (or Muslim/woman/disabled person etc etc).  As always I will be blogging along the way so you can share the fun.......see you in Miami on the 25th.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A