Rolling in the Deep

Yesterday was a rest day in Austria's 3rd largest city - Linz.  After a bit of bike cleaning and fettling most people went off to do tourist shit.  I lay on my bed and read or watched TV and generally enjoyed not being at the beck and call of 9 people.  To round off a very pleasant day we went to a chinese buffet - possibly my favourite dining option.  The chicken, as always, was rubbery.

Today it is back on the road.  We have been past Mauthausen - where the Germans built some lovely 'holiday camps' during WW2.  Speaking of the Germans - our 'how many medals did you win?' game is getting a bit dull now the gap is so huge and we are no longer in Germany.  I am keeping myself busy while waiting for the cyclists by researching a ride in China where the medal question game will be brilliant.

We have probably done about 500 miles so far and I reckon that fewer than 50 have been done on roads.  The provision for cyclists is universally superb but the inner tube vending-machine I saw this morning must surely be the icing in the cake.

The reason for the song-de-tag?  Well, I am paked next to the tall pole you can see in one the photos.  The top marks the high water mark at about this time of year in 1501.  Glad we weren't here then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A