Ferry 'Cross The Mersey

We have been on the road for a week now and the sun is still shining!  Because of this I prefer to bask in the sun while checking the inside of my eyelids rather than writing this bollocks, hence the lack of news lately.  So, what has been happening?

Our day in the Danube Gorge took an unwelcome turn when one of the bikes suffered a major mechanical in Ingolstadt.  It needed both a part and a tool that we don't carry so we threw it in the back of the van and set off to the bike shop.  Well, I say 'shop' but that is selling it a bit short.  It was so vast that there was a test track INSIDE the building. To give you some idea of the scale I have attached a photo of just the saddle section.  There are similar displays for every part imaginable.  You should have seen the dust cap department!!

Our next day ended in Straubing where the 2nd largest beer festival in Germany was under way....or rather it would have ended there if it was possible to get a room within 10 miles of the place.  I ended up shuttling people over most of southern Germany to their accommodation.  Some stayed in a  Bavarian hunting lodge high up in the hills (complete with lots of men with guns and leather trousers) and some stayed in rooms at a little airfield.  It all worked out pretty well but there was an exciting momement when it looked like I had to transfer 7 people 12 miles in a 3 seat Transit.

We are now in Austrua and I am waiting for the group to cross the river on the little ferry shown in the bottom picture.  It was boarding this ferry that I put out my back last year, resulting in me walking like a man who badly needed to do a poo. 

Anyway, must go as those eyelids won't check themselves.




Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A