Down By The River

Last summer I rode the Danube from its source in Donaueschingen to Budapest.  That was a research trip and the fruits of that labour is the first outing with paying customers which started on Saturday.

I am ably assited......well, assisted anyway...... by good old Knobby so I suppose this counts as an outing of the Grumpy Old Men.  Therefore it qualifies for a few blog entries.

We have just 9 punters, nearly all are known to me and they are a nice bunch so I am looking forward to a nice relaxing holiday ...err...job....yes, definitely job, especially if beloved is reading this!

Yesterday was a cracking start with 57 miles from the source and through a deep shady gorge to Sigmaringen.  The sun shone and shone, there wasn't a breath of wind and everyone had a miserable time (still reading Dear?).  

We are grappling with the cusine which is, naturally, heavily pork and cabbage based but it is all washed down with splendidly inexpensive beer so who cares?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A