Money's Too Tight To Mention

It was with some sadness that I crossed into Switzerland this morning.  France is mostly a fine country.....if they just sorted out the opening hours and put seats on public toilets they would really have something.  Now I have a whole new set of annoyances to rant about.  There are so many that I don't know where to begin so I'll just focus on the REALLY BIG ONE........f@#k it's expensive!

I am staying above a very modest pizza place about a mile out of Stein Am Rhein, nothing fancy, and for tea I had a mixed salad, a pizza and 2 beers.  The bill was FOURTY SIX swiss francs.....about £36!!!!.  I know the cretins who voted to leave the EU haven't helped but it would still have been pretty lumpy at the pre-BREXIT rate.  

Everything is expensive.....everywhere.  Go into any shop, pick any item and guess the price.  You can cheat and add a big bit onto your true guess and you will still be on the light side.  

Today was a moderately heroic 95 miles in pretty warm weather and with rather more hills than I was hoping for.  Still, I was all done by 4pm and lay on my bed looking at the remainder of my trip.  For several days I have had a niggling feeling that something was adrift with my plan and I finally worked out what it was:  my plane leaves on Tuesday but my trip doesn't get me to the airport until Wednesday.  BUGGER.  

It is all sorted now - I'll just be home a day later than I expected.  No biggie but a worry that I could be such a halfwit.  I'll be viting for BREXIT next!
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A