Maintenant que ce que j'appelle la musiqu

Lost In France

The route I am checking was created in the comfort of my home using Google Maps which has a 'cycling' mode that avoids busy roads and favours cycle paths.  This would be great but for the fact that Google thinks that all bikes are mountain bikes.  I have spent much of the last 3 days scrapping mud and sand out of my mechanical bits then searching for a viable alternative.  This is really piling on the miles and yesterday ended up well over 100 to create 75 miles of route.  Bugger.

If I Could Talk To The Animals

I'm  not saying the French are animals but suitable song titles aren't easy you know.  My French is pretty poor but I enjoy giving it a go.  Tonight when checking in to a hotel in Martigues I only got as far as 'Je m'appelle' when the receptionist told me she spoke perfect English so maybe we should use that.  I was a bit miffed but it made sense.  What made no sense was when I returned to order dinner and the same girl gave no indication that she knew I was English or that she understood a word.  The whole transaction was done in French.  Bloody Frenchies.

Work 'till You're Muscle Bound

I must confess that this is my first time on a bike since returning from Oz.  I had imagined that the benefit of 2000 miles would last some time and this would be an easy ride but Oh Contraire (see -nothing wrong with my French).  After yesterday's 100 miler I am pooped and my legs are aching like a couple of achy things.  Bugger.

Hooked On You

This song covers two points:

1/What is with French men and fishing?  I don't really get fishing at all but in the UK I sort of see that dressing up in all the gear and hauling 500lbs of kit to a river bank might appeal to someone.  At least they appear to be taking it seriously.  In France it seems you just wear a leather blousson, a pair of jeans and a fancy fair of trainers (ideally white) then find any old bit of water where you can park a small crappy car and chuck a hook in the water.  Then you just stand around smoking and looking shifty.  Maybe it is all a cover for drug dealing.

2/  There in no English TV but i have found a  channel that does back to back River Monsters dubbed into french.  It is my hope that I will soon be fluent in enough French to ask a fisherman what the f@#k he is up to.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Rage Hard

Drinking in L.A