Ghost Train

As a child I remember being fascinated by the ghost train when the fun fair came to town.  It was pretty pathetic, and not at all scary, but how did they get such a long ride in such a small space? The twists and turns in the track created a journey length out of all proportion to the square feet used.  I'm guessing that the architect who layed out the latest floorplan at Stanstead Airport must have been a ghost train fan too.  After clearing security you walk for about 9 miles, through every department of duty free and then every other retail outlet, before eventually being released into the small remaining space where everyone  crowds around the departure board.  This really pisses me off!

Yup, I'm off on my travels again.  This time I am in the South of France, researching a new route from the Spanish to Italian borders along the Med coast.  I am currently in Portbou, just over  the border in Spain, luxuriating in my €23 hotel room.  I have had worse!

Wtach this space.



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Rage Hard

Drinking in L.A