Springtime for Hitler

This morning my back was somewhat improved and things were looking up....until I had to lift my bike over the lip of a ferry ramp.  TWANG.  Things are now a bit tricky because I can ONLY cycle - walking is more or less impossible and involves standing absolutely straight with buttocks clenched and taking tiny steps.  The worst of it is that I suspect other people just think I really badly need a poo.

I have found that the only way to get about on foot is to use my bike as a sort of zimmer frame then, at shops, i just buy whatever is nearest the door.  Tonight for tea I am having flowers and charcoal 😢.

For my second ferry of the day I arrived on a large square wooden jetty, bought my ticket and stood around with a dozen or so other cyclists waiting for the boat.  It seemed a bit odd that there was no boat in sight then, disconcertingly, the whole jetty set sail across the river.

I rode 82 miles today and am staying in Mauthausen, 'famous' as the centre for a huge network of concentration camps in WW2.  Don't worry though, these weren't extermination camps; they just worked about a quarter of a million intellectuals and political dissenters to death.  Better not complain if my egg is too runny at breakfast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A