Paint it Black.

My back gets a little better every day and today I thought I might make it all the way to the beer/wine section of the supermarket.  Guess what.....Sunday.  Are we the only country in Europe with enough of a work ethic to open shops 7 days a week....or to be more exact - on BOTH the days that most people want to shop?

It took me some time to realise the shops were shut due to a phenomenon I first observed in Croatia.  Shops give no clue that they are open.  The windows are tinted or otherwise blacked out, there are no lights, welcoming open doors or any other clue that the establishment is not derelict (or maybe a sex shop). 

I continue to be a bit underwhelmed by Hungary.  The road surfaces are poor and a couple of the 'cycle paths' would have been tricky in a Land Rover.  Someone needs to explain that putting a few signs up across a farmer's field does not make it a cycle route!  Furthermore, for a Danube route, I have seen precious little of the river, though I am finally back by the water in Esztergom, just 55 miles from Budapest.  My challenge for tonight is getting fed in a town where nobody speaks English.

The pictures?  I just thought I would show you what sort of hotel room 25 quid buys :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A