Sweets For My Sweet/We'll Meet Again

Here is an odd thing.  For the last few nights we have been staying in German hotels.  Every single one has placed a mini packet of Haribo on my pillow.  If the Krauts think they can buy me with a small packet of gummy confections they are absolutely right.

Time has passed since my last report and we are now in Mainz, gateway to the Rhine Gorge.  This morning a strange thing happened.....as I was riding along two cyclists came the other way and, bugger me, I knew them!  They were a Dutch couple who were on a Land's End to John O'Groats trip with me last year.  After I had muddled my way through the Dutch kissing thing (3 sides) we had a quick chat.  They are heading to Venice so I assured them that the climbs over the alps were nothing to fret about ;-).

Today the wind was blowing at 25mph, but somewhat from behind and my main job on the bike was to keep it balanced while the wind provided almost all motive power.

Oh yes, I have a cold. Or possibly terminal man flu.  The next 48 hours will be critical.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Rage Hard

Drinking in L.A