Let's Stick Together

It is Day 3 and we are on the shores of Lake Constance. My group of 18 riders are slowly being beaten into shape but yesterday a couple of them had a go at testing my patience. Rather than letting us padlock up their bikes with all the others they padlocked them together using their own special, 'even Houdini couldn't open it' padlock‎. Next morning they lost the key. Bugger.

After a great deal of searching, including offloading all 18 sets of luggage from the van to check in a suitcase, the key was still missing. A quick go with a hacksaw established that the manufacturer's ‎claims weren't entirely unjustified and we started the search for an emergency locksmith. It was Sunday; the Swiss REALLY don't like working on Sundays. Bugger.

'So you have searched your room REALLY carefully?' I asked. 'Yes, twice' came the confident reply. Naturally I then when up to check for myself and found the key under the bed.

As a man with some previous history of losing things I suppose I should be understanding......but bollocks to that!  

It has been decided that I should ride every day rather than take my turns in the van. Since it is el Scorchio I'm ‎pretty happy with that. My tan is coming on nicely and those miles keep pouring into the bank. I think by the end of July i'll be on about 7000. Not bugger.





Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the EE network.

Comments

  1. 'some previous history' my posterior!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Rage Hard

Drinking in L.A