True Colours

‎Yay pictures!!! I have finally got the old phone to talk to the interweb and this one allows me to control photo sizes. So, where were we?

Denis Denis

OK, this one requires a bit of flexibility but go with me! In the Beano was a character called Dennis The Menace and he used to do horrid things to a character called Walter the Softie. We spent the end of tuesday and the start of wednesday cycling with Walter, a young Belgian who was riding home from Frankfurt airport having spent a year cycling 20000km around Africa. Only 21, he had previously already cycled to Malaysia. I look back at what I had done at 21......hmm.  ‎I admire what he has achieved but 5 months combating Malaria and the raging sh#ts isn't my idea of fun! 

He is heading back for a big welcome home party - have one for us Walter!

Metal Guru

On Wednesday we rode to Cologne. It was a spiffy day - sunny but not hot, lots to look at and nice cycle paths which were mostly in sight if the river. We sat in the sun for lunch in Bonn and we're in our campsite by late afternoon ready to perform surgery on Neil's bike. He had a broken spoke which was relatively easily mended and, yet again, I take a quiet satisfaction from being able to fix a variety of mechanical problems with a tiny but we'll chosen set of tools/spares. By the way, the repair to my front mech using a bit of bent steel and araldite in Tunbridge Wells continues to do the job.

Ain't No Sunshine

I may have used this one before. Last night it rained steadily and we got up in light rain. Apart from 2 shortish thunderstorms ‎we have enjoyed sunshine for the whole trip so this was a bit of a shock. Fortunately the rain only lasted half an hour and the weather brightened during the day, though a headwind made the whole day a bit pants. We are staying in Rheinberg, not far from the Dutch border and have treated ourselves to a hotel. Alan has hung his wet sleeping bag (his tent leaks) out of the window like a giant windsock.....hope the manager doesn't spot it ;-)


Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the EE network.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A