Sticky Fingers

Yes, I know it is an album but I MAKE ZE RULES (it is possible I have been in Germany too long).

The poor Germans have something wrong with their legs.  When they go fo a walk they need two sticks to help them. These sticks look very much like the ones used when hiking in hilly country but clearly there must be some sort of physical infirmity for them to use them on the Rhine cycle path which is flatter than a very flat thing.  To test my theory I am going to steal someone's sticks tomorrow and see if they chase me or just fall over.

In the last two days we have ridden about 180 miles but climbed only about 180 feet.  We are following the Rhine cycle route so are mostly on cycle paths.  While the cycle path network is magnificent it makes for trying cycling - lots if navigation, variable surfaces and twats with sticks to avoid.

Last night we took cheap lodgings in Karlsruhe and had an indifferent Indian for tea (how can anyone make a bland vindaloo?).  Tonight, after a heroic 95, we are in Mainz.  We arrived late, showered, threw our tents up and are now taking cocktails (beer) before going foraging for tea.

Tomorrow the Rhine Gorge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A