The River

Last summer I started to research the new Bike Adventures' route along the Rhine.  I had limited time and only got as far as Strasbourg and, even then, the last 70 miles proved unsuitable and needs re-doing.  It is time to finish the job so I am heading back to Basel to ride the 600 miles to The Hook of Holland. My itinerary is fixed with pre-booked hotels and I must average 75 miles per day - a relatively easy pace given the flat terrain but I have to document every junction and turn which really slows progress.

The weather forecast look decidedly iffy so I am keeping everything crossed. I am currently overnighting at the Lenny Henry Inn at Gatwick North - they have really polished their act and this is a smart modern hotel just a few yards from the check-in desks and all for under fifty quid. They even do a breakfast from 5am which will help prepare me for the scrum that is Easyjet check-in.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A