Many Rivers To Cross

OK, actually one river to cross many times but finding these songs isn't easy you know!

I lost count of the number of times I crossed the Rhine between Germany and France today. Three times by ferry and at least twice by bridge. B‎y the end of the day I didn't know if I was arrivant or gehen.  

It was a long day - 99 miles by the time I finished, but flat in a way that is difficult to describe. Kansas was positively lumpy in comparison.  ‎I have ridden almost entirely on cycle paths or cycle lanes and the cycle path network here is 'joined up', well signed and with excellent surfaces. Frankly we are just playing at it in the UK.

I'm now in Karlsruhe - a sizeable city - and I crossed from one side to the other without riding on a single road. Not one.  

 Tomorrow I am scheduled to do 95 but this will probably end up well into triple digits. Gulp.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the EE network.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A