Life is a Rollercoaster

‎I arrived into Basel airport which is interesting (I use the term very loosely) in that it serves both Switzerland and France. At the exit you must choose whether you would like clocks and rules or armpit hair and shrugs and take the appropriate door. I chose armpit hair.

I had a lovely 65 mile ride, all but 7 on cycle paths,‎ and the rain held off. For my last 15 I crossed the Rhine into Germany. It is very odd, there is absolutely no indication that there is a war on! The invasion of New Zealand might as well not be happening! If you look hard there are clues - very few people of conscription age and no camper vans (all off fighting at the front you see).  

I am staying in Rust, home of the Europark ‎- a sodding great theme park with loads of rollercoasters. To my surprise the hotel staff speak little English so we had a great game of charades over breakfast this morning.  

Today I have 85 miles to do so I had better get cracking.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the EE network.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A