Livin on a Prayer

Woah, we're half way there......

Half the miles done, a little under half the days done and more or less half the islands done. Tomorrow we have an easy 32 to wellington and can have a rest for the afternoon while we cross the Cook Straight.

Today was slightlylesshillythanusual and we made good progress, passing our intended stop and pressing on to Paekakariki - another magnificent 75 miles.  For the last few miles we had two options: The busy highway 1 or the cycle path through Queen Elizabeth Park.  Last year my group told me it was unrideable on road bikes so, naturally, we took this route. It IS rideable.........JUST!  There were a few vertical climbs on gravel, plenty of sand, some grass and goodness knows what else.  It would make a nice technical mountain bike section but on road bikes with 30lbs of crap it was interesting.  Occasionally I could hear faint bleating from my companion where the words 'highway 1' were distinctly mentioned but hey ho!

We are all set up in the campsite and battening down the hatches as it may be a stormy night.  Tomorrow a boat ride and a good old vomit for me 😊 .

I forgot to take any pictures so here is base camp.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A