Don't Stop Me Now....

....I'm having a good time.....I'm having a ball.  It would be easy to argue that I have earned my new freedom through 37 years of hard work but lots of people work hard so I must acknowledge a fair dollop of good luck. 

My 10000 miles in 2015 attempt is off to a great start with a quarter done and the cycling 'season' really only just about to start.  Steve Abrahams is also well ahead of target and has done over FOUR TIMES my mileage.

In a few weeks I am off to Basel to complete my reccie of the Bike Adventures Rhine route.  This is paid work so definitely exempts me from decorating for a while AND will put another 600 miles in the bank.  There are several more Bike Adventures trips to keep me busy through the season and swell the mileage coffers, as well as another 'biggie' adventure which will reunite me with Neil and see a long awaited return of Nobby to Grumpy Old Men productions.  Watch this space.

Go to New Zealand!  It is a very long way and not cheap but you won't regret it.  As we flew from Invercargill to Auckland I watched the scenery slide beneath me and it really is a remarkable country.  I plan to return one day as a tourist, rent a car and see some of the things that are hard to get to by bike.  Until then there are other fish to fry.

Kia Ora.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

This Grumpy Old Men adventure was only possible thanks to the support of:

Victoria Bitter
New Zealand Lamb
The Kiwi Guild of Pie Makers
The Acme Sick Bag Corporation
The Merlot Grape Growers Association
10 billion sand flies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rage Hard

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Drinking in L.A