The Waiting Game

Squeeze.

When I told people I had been called for jury service several people told me it might be interesting. They were wrong.

Last week I managed to sit on two trials, with a total time actually doing anything of just15 hours. This week it is already mid-Wednesday and I have done precisely bugger all.    ‎I am now an expert on Homes Under The Attic and Cash In The Hammer but I AM SO BORED.  

Still, at least I got to help ensure justice was served on two cases eh?

The first was a benefit fraud case where the defendant had allegedly obtained £2500 by claiming her partner didn't live with her.....pretty serious stuff!!!! So serious that the prosecution couldn't be bothered to assemble a credible case. It is a measure of how pathetic their case was that all 12 of us were ready to aquit the defendant BEFORE the defence case was even heard.  

‎The second case was even more serious - the purchase of a stolen playstation for fifty quid. Apparently it costs about £6000/day to operate a courtroom (this is before the cost of the defence and prosecution) but hey, if it bangs up villains like that who cares?

We are told that the British justice system is the best in the world; how pants must some of the others be‎?



Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the EE network.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now That's What I Call Music Volme 4

Rage Hard

Something Better Change